Join the fight for
- Victims of the Equitable Life scandal have lost billions from their pensions and savings
- The Government has admitted its regulators failed to protect us
- The Government paid most of us less than 25% of what we have actually lost
- We’ve got £1.5 billion so far. Now let’s fight for the rest!
- It’s YOUR money they are hanging onto
- YOU can do something about it by joining your regional action group
EMAG intends to carry on campaigning until fair compensation is awarded to the million victims of the Equitable Life scandal.
In the short term for the
most elderly victims
We are campaigning to get MPs to insist that the 9,000 pre–September 1992 WP Annuitants are included for compensation, on exactly the same terms as those who took their WP Annuity after that date.
For the post–1992 Annuitants
For the 37,000 WP Annuitants who are receiving an alleged ‘100% of their relative losses’ we are holding the Treasury's feet to the fire to make sure their projections of potential losses, match the actual losses.
And for the VAST majority — 945,000 victims
95% of Equitable's with-profits policyholders are not WP Annuitants. They have been paid just 22% of the Treasury's calculation of their ‘relative losses’ and without any interest paid from 2009 onwards. What happened to the 90% safety net we were promised when we took out our policies? EMAG is campaigning to get the missing 78% balance paid - at an estimated cost of £2.6 billion.